Friday, March 1, 2013

A Chance to Share

Last night was yet another example of God's work in our adoption journey. I was given the opportunity to share part of our journey with others who I would have never met had God not given us this mission! Our lifeline social worker, who is quickly becoming a dear friend, asked me to come and speak at the Orphan Prayer Night she was holding for families in the area after hearing about some of the recent things God has been doing along our adoption journey. At first I was very nervous, but I said yes right away because I knew it was an answer to a prayer.

Since beginning this journey, the plight of the orphan has become a passion and I feel a pull to this ministry. I have been praying that God would show me how I can minister to others going through the adoption process and/or those who also have a heart for the orphan. Last night was my first step in that direction! Thank you God for your goodness and faithfulness!

I have to admit that for the last week, I have been very nervous about speaking; it is something that I just have never liked. All day yesterday, I prayed that God would give me the courage to speak and share the awesome things he has been doing for us and how he has been giving us confirmation that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. By the time the girls and I made it to the church and went inside, God had been faithful and spoken to me reminding me that I was not alone and that with Him by my side, I had nothing to fear! In that moment, the fear was wiped from my heart and I got up and spoke with no sweaty hands or even the inkling of a single butterfly in my stomach! It was amazing and I am so encouraged that this is something, too, that is going to be part of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment