Tuesday, March 12, 2013

An Opportunity to Serve

A lot of things have been happening lately, so many that sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with all the sharing! :)

As I have continued to seek the Lord in this journey, my heart has begun to be pulled to the adoption ministry. Although I am anxious to see our little one's faces and bring them home, I am also driven to do more for all of the orphans and other families working to bring their own little one's home from far off places.

God has been moving in my heart and urging me to reach out to other families going through the adoption process. At first, I was unsure of what he wanted me to do and then things began to move. This new journey began with my prayer to open doors for me to get involved more in this ministry. Next, I met up with a wonderful new friend involved with the Heart For the Fatherless adoption ministry at our Church. After extensive discussions about a fundraising opportunity that could potentially help other families in the process too, she mentioned the need for a fundraising chair person within Hearth For the Fatherless.

I prayed for weeks about this and asked God to open doors and make it clear to me if this is what he wanted me to do. Finally, after I spoke at the Orphan Prayer night, I knew God was calling me to dive in. I am soooo excited about this new venture as I love to do this kind of thing, but more than anything, I am overjoyed at the idea that God is allowing me to serve others and become a part of this ministry.

I have already begun planning our first fundraiser in April that will help to support two other local families! I am excited to see what God does with this and where he will lead me!

No comments:

Post a Comment