Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our First Alongside Fundraising Event!!!

I am super excited to finally have most of the details worked out for our first alongside fundraiser event! We will be holding a family skate extravaganza at the end of April and we are soooo excited to have been given the opportunity to not only work towards moving forward in our own adoption, but to help others do the same. 

I have struggled the last week about whether or not I was hearing God right and doing what he was asking of me. I was unsure of whether he wanted us to only help others at these fundraisers that he had shown to me or if we were to be involved as well. However, last night God was faithful to answer my prayers and he spoke clearly to me, reconfirming it through another friend's post this morning. 

For the past months I have been going through a book called Hinds Feet On High Places with my women's bible study group.  God has really used Much Afraid's journey to speak to my heart about our own adoption journey and last night was no exception. Although I finished reading the book weeks ago, a friend encouraged me to revisit some of the things that I had highlighted. When I sat down to do so last night, the book fell open to the following: 

 All you have to do is trust yourself to the chair and be carried in perfect safety to the place which I wish to take you and without any struggling and striving on your part. 
(From the Devotion) Jesus, I choose today to take the risk of doing it Your way! 

I quickly realized that God was showing me that I was questioning the plan he had for my family and the fact that he had put me in this place for a reason. I had been struggling to determine what he wanted us to do, not because HE had changed the plan, but because I was concerned about what others might feel about said plan. I had taken my eyes off Jesus and faltered because of it. 

Here was my second confirmation from this morning: 

"Are you debating whether to take a step in faith in Jesus or to wait until you can see how to do the thing yourself? Obey Him with glad reckless joy. When He says something and you begin to debate, it is because you have a conception of His honour which is not His honour. Are you loyal to Jesus or loyal to your notion of Him? Are you loyal to what He says, or are you trying to compromise with conceptions which never came from Him? "Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.""

I am so grateful that God has new mercies for me every day and that he is faithful to remind me of things he has told me regardless of how much reassurance and repeating that may entail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment